Developing Story: 11 Evanston Church Attendees Injured by Carbon Monoxide Leak

December 19, 2021 - Six church attendees, including a toddler, were sent to Evanston-area hospitals today for exposure to high levels of carbon monoxide at their church. Five other attendees were treated at the scene by EMS personnel.

TKK founding partner Timothy S. Tomasik has recently represented victims of carbon monoxide exposure. One plaintiff’s landlord had failed to install a carbon monoxide detector in the unit she rented, in violation of both Illinois and Chicago codes, and thereby allowed the carbon monoxide to rise to unsafe levels, causing her to suffer serious, permanent injuries.

“Early investigation is key to these types of cases to ensure evidence is not destroyed,” says Mr. Tomasik. “It is imperative that all the evidence is preserved so that this never happens again.”

Legal Help is Available

Tomasik Kotin Kasserman, LLC understands how stressful it can be for families when a loved one is injured. Our firm handles cases on behalf of victims of exposure to carbon monoxide and other toxic chemicals. Contact one of our experienced, compassionate attorneys at 312-605-8800 to discuss your situation in a confidential consultation.


  • Badges and associations
  • Badges and associations

Call Us312-605-8800fax312-605-8808

161 North Clark Street, Suite 3050
Chicago, IL 60601

Back to Top